Name:
Location: Hanover, Pennsylvania, United States

Sunday, March 05, 2006

OK, enough Winter!


So, February is gone, the days are getting longer, football is over and I am stuck drowning my weekends in wine and...well...ok...just wine. Next weekend tells us it will be 75 degrees though, so hopefully we will near the end of the winter blahs soon. I just got back from a trip out to Spokane, WA. I went from cold and dry weather to cold and wet weather...it's a crap shoot. 10 hours of traveling each way was no prize though. Tracy heads out to Jersey this week and New Hampshire, next. So the traveling is not slowing down anytime soon.

So, I'm sitting down doing my taxes...what a treat this is. "Uncle Sam Wants You...or well...screw you, he just wants your money". There is no freakin way we owe this much...someone, somewhere has it in for us. After spending 25 bucks on Tax- Cut software, I decided to take it H & R Block, anyway, becuase, the thing is, I LOVE spending money uselessly!

Last week, Tracy and I went to Lancaster, PA for dinner and drinks. Great place if you like one way streets. We were in the city, so we didn't have to battle any Amish carts. Dinner was quaint at Cherry's Back Alley Bar and Grill, followed by drinks at Kegel's and Molly's Pub. We HIGHLY recommend Molly's, what a great little Irish Style Pub. Molly was a black lab belongning to the original owners.

We went to church this morning. An unusual event for us and an even more unusual experience at the Hanover Community Church. not quite the type of service I am used to. As a non-denominational church, I figured it was a safe bet. After 90 minutes of telling us how we needed to bring more people to church (losing business, I guess) and endless powerpoints and countless COUNTLESS signing songs from the powerpoint...I was spent. The search for a fitting church continues.

Next stop...ST. PATTY'S DAY!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger carinne said...

Dad and I were taking bets on how long it took you to get bored with it.

At least you're back to writing

9:38 AM  
Blogger Park Vineyards said...

shaddap!! It's more like...when I have time, I don't think about it. WHen I think about it, I'm swamped.

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home